Safety padlocks are an essential tool when it comes to creating and enforcing an effective lock-out/tag-out policy, but not all locks are created equal. Standard metal padlocks carry their own electrical hazards when used to lock out energized equipment and machinery.
Instead, consider using Seton Canada’s newly introduced Master Lock® Dielectric Thermoplastic Safety Padlocks, which are specially designed for use in lock-out/tag-out functions. These sturdy safety padlocks are manufactured by Master Lock and carry a number of highly useful safety features to ensure their users’ safety as well as your business’ regulatory compliance:
- Shackles are made from non-sparking, non-magnetic material, including plastic, copper and brass, to hinder electric current from passing through keys and prevent arc flashes
- Locks measure 1-1/2″W x 1-3/4″H, with 1-1/2″ clearance
- Available in a range of colors
- Thermoplastic lock body is durable, lightweight and non-conductive
- Fully compliant with the “one employee, one lock, one key” directive of the Occupational Safety and Health Administration
- Fastened with keyed different 6-pin tumbler that retains keys to ensure lock is not left open
- Features OSHA-compliant “Danger” decal to ensure unauthorized personnel do not remove the lock
Enhance your lock-out/tag-out program today by employing safety padlocks optimized for the duty!