Beat the heat this summer with proper equipment and gear. Follow these tips, and rely on Seton to help keep your workplace safe and cool.
- Check the forecast and alert staff to avoid the sun during peak hours if possible (11am – 4pm)
- Use water resistant, broad spectrum sunscreen with SPF of at least 15, and re-apply generously every 2 hours
- Wear wrap-around safety glasses that block ultraviolet and visible light
- Dress in loose-fitting pants, long sleeve shirts, and wide brim hats
- Clean air conditioning ducts, weather-strip doors and windows, and install blinds, awnings, and fans where necessary
- Ensure first aid kits are complete, clearly marked, and easy to locate
- Take frequent breaks, pay attention to your surroundings, and stay hydrated!